Happy December people. Here’s a Soju (Korean beer) Christmas tree to kick off this festive month. Actually, I saw this the beginning of November so my festivities had already started. We all can’t believe it’s already December, everyone around me including myself can’t stop saying “S*** it’s December already?!” Guys, stop it, you’re making me panic for no reason! I swear the busier things get the faster time goes. If I could slow down time, I really would. It’s one way to define my brief hiatus from blogging in November and overall, a mere absence this second half of 2016. Without getting too detailed, here are a few photos and words that almost concisely captures my life these past few months. Not all that entertaining but read on if you insist.
1. I mentioned my work with Malala Coffee and it is currently supporting the Coffee Exchange regime. While this is all in the pursuit of social change, it’s leaning more towards the business aspect of coffee. Coffee Exchange is an online market place directly connecting farmers to cafes, restaurants and other companies in hospitality.
2. I’ve finally got my hands on these Pantone swatches. This thing saves your life when it comes to printing on all sorts of materials. I’ve managed to survive without one all these freelancing years but it wasn’t until I was at Jin & Co. when this grabbed my attention on a branding project. Of course, I was introduced to it at uni but we had the handy Adobe Illustrator digital colorbook swatch to rely on – not always great given that colors on screen are never accurate. My main purpose for making a move on this is not for freelancing, but for fashion.
3. I’ve been featured in my 3rd publication for the year, STELL magazine. You’ll find my interview and alongside a portrait of G-Dragon staring into your soul in the Dusk & Dawn Issue VII.
4. Around September this year I was introduced to the idea of an upcoming bite-sized game. Scheduled for release early next year we hope it’ll be as much fun to play as it was building this along the way.
5. One of my highlights this year was working closely with the state and federal governments. I was then connected to these awesome bunch of people from the City of Melbourne as my clients for freelancing. Campaign work is all about hustle – I’ve never met a group of people who I had conversations with at 2am on a weekend to ensure the production of work is perfect. Even staying up all night laughing non-stop was part of the unforgettable memory. True story, I only ever share those moments with my boyfriend but it looks like my relationships with clients are just as romantic.Big shoutout to the Lord Mayor Robert Doyle, Cr Kevin Louey, Cr Tessa Sullivan, Craig Bosworth, Da, Cherry and Patricia for being patient and bringing out the best in me under pressure. I’m no stranger to late night design work – I once got home at 4am from work and went back at 9am the same day. Luckily that was still when I was living in the city!
6. This morning I played badminton. Revisiting tennis and badminton this year is only a sign that I need to work on my fitness. One thing I love to do is to keep a healthy body and maintain healthy habits. That said, I’m definitely not your gym buddy but I can definitely commit to being your tennis, ping pong or badminton buddy. I play the NBA on the Playstation so I can be your buddy for that too.
Finally a shot I took straight after I filled my petrol at Costco. No I didn’t walk out of my car to get this, but I did grind to a halt at the exit before turning onto the road. Can’t ignore the gradient #DecemberVibes.